BREAKING NEWS! . . . Media in M’sia failed on the pandemic!
The people denied right of reply on issues brought by the novel Corona virus.
21 January 2022
Media release from Malaysian Alliance for Effective Covid Control (MAECC)
“ WE FAILED”
“We Failed” is the headline on 7 January of the Danish newspaper, Ekstra Bladet, apologising for its journalistic failure during the Covid-19 pandemic by publishing only official narratives without questioning them.
The public apology is a universal first for a major newspaper to admit that it has failed its duty to question deeper what has been fed by the authorities.
The mainstream media and portals of our country that are equally guilty of such journalistic failure should take the cue and apologise too.
For two years the mainstream media and portals have been parroting reports and statements fed by healthcare agencies’ concerning Covid-19, and reporting statements of those appointed opinion leaders telling the masses to ‘‘follow the science”.
Alternative scientific narratives from those as qualified, or even from those highly qualified international medical experts who have successfully treated Covid-19 patients do not count.
For the record, over the past year MAECC issued more than ten media statements concerning Covid-19.
Our voice, representing members of the medical fraternity, allied health, and consumer groups that have over a million followers, was ignored by media gurus who preached objectivity in journalism.
Not giving space to views of international experts, the like of Dr Pierre Kory of FLCCC, Dr Tess Lawrie of BIRD, Dr Peter McCullough, Dr Robert Malone (pioneering research in the mRNA technology), Dr Mike Yeadon, Prof Luc Montagnier, Dr Geert Vanden Bossche, Dr Matthias Rath, and many more, is a dual scientific and journalistic sin.
These medical experts and scientists whose work are among the highly published. Their publications are cited by the thousands.
The followings are some of the important milestones in Covid-19 pandemic development that the mainstream media and portals sorely omitted but widely reported in the social media:
- In April 2021 the world witnessed India’s plight where the second surge of Covid-19 took a toll of more than 200,000 deaths while infecting a few hundred thousand cases a day.
Ivermectin, along with other medications, was quickly disseminated in several states, including Uttar Pradesh, Goa, and Delhi.
Death and infection rates declined sharply.
From being a mockery in the eyes of the world, India became a shining example within a month.
- Regarding vaccine infection breakthrough, scientific studies had shown that highly infectious and virulent mutated strain was able to by-pass the vaccines, and those vaccinated were more susceptible and carried higher viral loads than the unvaccinated.
There are at least fifteen studies regarding the Delta variant showing the vaccinated were more susceptible, but three among which are most conspicuous – Israel (Gazit et al, 2021); Japan (Liu et al, 2021); and Vietnam (Chau et al, 2021).
- The case of Israel with a population of 9.3 million, hailed as the fasted and most vaccinated nation but since July 2021 saw daily rising infection rate among the vaccinated, including those who had two doses (covid19.who.int), and now also those who had the booster shot. Israel’s Covid vaccine chief Prof Cyrille Cohen has now openly admitted that “We have made mistakes” thinking that vaccines could prevent transmission.
The biggest mistake, he said, was to close schools and education.
- In November 2021 the case of Pfizer-BioNTech falsified Covid vaccine trial data was widely reported.
Although preceding this exposure there was much brouhaha about the trial’s relative risk reduction in infection and severe Covid, not a squeak was heard from government officials and their apologists regarding this exposure of scientific fraud.
- Two prominent papers published in distinguished journals have suggested that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher Covid-19 cases.
The first is by Subramaniam and Kumar (2021), Increase in Covid-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2,947 counties in the United States, European Journal of Epidemiology.
The second is by Gunter Kampf (2021), The epidemiological relevance of the Covid-19 vaccinated population is increasing, The Lancet.
- More and more reports are surfacing to suggest that the latest of the coronavirus variant, Omicron, is more infectious but much less virulent compared to earlier variants. This is positive indication that the scourge of coronavirus pandemic has run its course. Lessons from historical observations have shown that viruses, through a Darwinian taming process, evolved in a way to be more infectious in the beginning but became less pathogenic over time.
- The last, but not the least, is the announcement of the end of vaccine mandate by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson. The epidemic has become endemic, and the virus is to be treated like a common cold. To the masses this is big news but appears not so to the media editors.
MAECC maintains that had alternative narratives of Covid-19 and the pandemic been given sufficient space to allow for free exchange of ideas, foster better understanding that could lead to a cohesive and united front to tack the epidemic, the outcome could have been better. The Covid-19 epidemic could have been brought to a swift end. Our mainstream media and key portals have failed us, leading to an unintended consequence where the masses have lost confidence in them with regards to reporting Covid-19.
The Danish media has started the ball rolling. Will our media apologise too?
Capt Dr Wong Ang Peng (Rtd)
This statement is co-signed by:
Datuk Dr Selvam Rengasamy on behalf of the members of SAHAMM
(Society for Advancement of Hormones and Healthy Aging Medicine Malaysia)
Dr Vijaendreh Subramaniam on behalf of the members of MAAFIM
(Malaysian Association for the Advancement of Functional and Interdisciplinary Medicine)
Connie Lee Yoke Kwan on behalf of the members of MSCM
(Malaysian Society of Complementary Medicine)
Saroja Theavy Balakrishnan on behalf of the members of SNH
(Society of Natural Health Malaysia)
Prof Dr Chong Wee Fong on behalf of the members of NMAM
(Naturopathic Medical Association Malaysia)
Dato Nadzim Johan on behalf of the members of PPIM
(Persatuan Pengguna Islam Malaysia)
Read here . . .
BREAKING NEWS! . . . Shebby Singh had booster dose two days before he died . . .
The former ace footballer went while he was cycling.
BREAKING NEWS! . . . DoubleDose James Masing touched mouth, nose, eyes with unsanitised hands . . .
Sanitise the hands before touching something someone has touched.